Animal print is all the rage right now (cheetah, leopard, whatever you want to call it). Toss in the snakeskin print you currently see everywhere and you find yourself right on trend. With that in mind, of course I had to get a pair. Therefore, I was on the hunt for a pair of boots that had to meet some very specific details. Good news, the look is super popular so there was a ton to pick from.
Because you walk with a bit more pep in your step when…
- You love your outfit
- ALL OF IT COMBINED is Under $100.00
Don’t believe me, check it out below.
Ok ladies… I am trying something new, play along!
Build an outfit:
Here’s the idea…
I am going to tell you to walk into your own KLOSET and pick out the base of the outfit I am looking for you to build. We will add to this base but your only objective is to find the BASE in your own KLOSET. This will be something basic and something you probably already own and if you do not have something exactly like what I am talking about I am sure you can find something very similar.
We are going to continue the theme of adding animal print to every look. It’s that time of year so I say, why not! You know how I feel about the trend, I LOVE IT, do it. Just try! Any chance you get, just add a touch here or there.
Below, I share three different ways you can flavor your look with a flare of animal print. PLEASE NOTE: If there is any rule or advice I can give you it is to NOT GO OVERBOARD. Just give a touch of it and please do not saturate your look in it. Pick one and go with it, a little goes a long way!
Option One: Add it in the belt.
There are so many to pick from but here is a great one with a perfect price point!
Option Two: Add it to your bag or clutch
Again, keeping things simple and just adding it in as your accessory gives flavor to a simple look.
Option Three: Add the print with cute shoes
This look is all the rage right now and I have listed three styles I am loving right now, including the ones pictured!
I have determined that it is all about the details that takes a look from OK to Great! And when you get really good you can find those details. Just once piece can make the entire outfit.
Let me explain a little better what I mean by that.
Cheetah print, leopard print, animal print… I don’t really care what you call it. IT IS IN and I LOVE IT. I know I know, it has been popular and “IN” for a little bit now, BUT I have noticed it more and more and adding it to any outfit is ALWAYS a good idea.
I love shoes. It’s a fact. And anyone who knows me, knows I have entirely too many shoes necessary. I admit it, yes, I have too many shoes. BUT… I love shoes… and more importantly, I love when the shoes do the talking. I recently got these FUN wedges that I simply couldn’t pass up because, well… they were FUN! It inspired me to put together an outfit just for those particular shoes!
Here’s my advice… keep the outfit simple. Like I said, let the shoes do the talking. Here, you see that I paired the outfit with neutral colors and I allow the shoes to tie the entire look together. [If you love them, grab them quick because they are going fast.] Good news for you though, this is a total trend and I picked out a few others with a similar style and vibe that you may want to rock right on into the fall.
Let ’em Do the Talking:
Steve Madden Multi Snake: This wedge gives the detail on the top portion of the shoe. In this instance you still want to let the shoe do the talking and keep the rest of the outfit simple.
And if you love this pattern and can’t get enough, check these Snake Skin Wedges out!
Suede Platform Sandals: These offer a much more neutral design to the wedge portion of the shoe. Enough to give it a flare and make it different from your average wedge.
Ankle Strap Neutral Design Wedge: A smaller wedge and one that will work for the person that does not want to be too loud with the design but likes a little something. Plus they are 60% off right now, can’t beat it!
Black Multi Flatform: A flatform version and black and white you can pair with anything!
SHOP THIS LOOK:
A few other favorite Shoes – Five I am Loving
Its hard to find the right flannel. If you are like me, you look for one that has the right fit with the right length. A good pattern and maybe if you are lucky it has some fun detail that sets it apart from every other flannels out there.
I know it is silly because we are really just talking about a shirt but it is the real deal when you are looking for a flannel that you know you will be wanting to toss on every weekend. I have listed a few below that are all very different but check off all the boxes with what I look for when searching for that perfect one. Enjoy and let me know what you think!
- Sanctuary Plaid Boyfriend Button Up Shirt : One of my favorite patterns in a flannel. I am a big fan of the snap buttons and I love how the model tucks the front in and lets the back hang long. This is the perfect length for this style.
- Plaid Flannel Duster : I love how this flannel puts itself in a different category because of the long length. Be sure to pair it with a small bootie that has heel since it hits closer to the knee. This will give your legs height and not allow the flannel to take over.
- AE Ahhmazingly Soft Flannel: I love the black and white. Pair this with a pair of distressed skinny jeans and tan booties and you are crushing the flannel game.
- Relaxed Plaid Twill Classic Flannel : (under $30.00) The classic buffalo check comes in red and black or white and black. Can’t go wrong with either! Just add a black puffy vest and some worn in jeans and you have your Saturday #ootd!
- Madewell Sunday Stripe Shirt: I love how you can dress this one up by styling it more like a white button up shirt that just has added texture or keep it more casual and style it as a flannel with jeans and booties. Two very different looks you can get out of just one flannel.
The best part about flannels is you can rock them from fall, through the winter into the early spring. Allowing you to get a lot of use out of them. Add them to your wardrobe, I promise you will not regret it.
SHOP THIS LOOK:
*The flannel I am wearing is sold out, linked above is very similar and a BETTER price!
This type of weather always makes me want to snuggle up into something comfy and cozy. I know what you all are thinking, just put on your favorite pair of leggings and an oversize sweatshirt and be done with it.
Yes, thats all great but not acceptable when you have to go some place other then your sofa or to run a few errands.
Problem solved… the oversized cardigan. Call it what you want but this is basically a big- cozy – blanket- like – sweater that looks cute, put together and is super comfortable.
I have done some research for you and I am sharing some that I already have or are on the way into my shopping cart for purchase.I live in these things and if you have no idea what to pair it with I will make it simple for you…
- High Waisted Jeans
- A bodysuit
- … and your cardigan 🙂
TOP PICKS FOR OVER-SIZED CARDIGAN’S
SHOP THIS LOOK: Jeans — Top — Sweater (the one I am wearing is no longer available but this one is similar) — Booties (on major sale!)
Top Oversized Cardigan:
This time of year I refer to as VEST Season. There are all different styles and looks you can pull off with the vest… and to be honest I can’t decide which is my favorite. When its my chance to change out of leggings and put on a little something more cute this is always a piece I gravitate towards in my closet.
I truly believe this is a look everyone pull off. Here is how to do it:
- Keep it simple. You do not need to add crazy patterns or colors. Let the vest do the talking.
- Pick a vest that has good length. One that hits the thigh or a little longer is always a winner. Very flattering to the body.
- Pair it with a tank top (bodysuit is perfect) or a long sleeve shirt (pending the weather obvi.).
- Keep in mind that because it is an extra layer over top keep your pants and your top more fitted. This will help balance the look in my opinion.
I have picked a few that I know I would add to my wardrobe. Take your pick and happy shopping!
- This look is very similar to the one I am wearing and comes in my favorite FALL green color that is so popular right now. Duster Trench Vest
- The color on this one is what drew my eye to it. I also love how it gives you the option to belt it, giving it a more fitted style or just letting it hang long. Longline Double Breasted Vest
- This suede material is perfect for fall and gives any outfit perfect texture. Faux Suede Drape Front Vest
- This one is one SALE and comes in awesome colors to add to your wardrobe. Belted Duster
- Giving a different feel by adding the sweater material to this vest is making me feel like I could live in this one all day long. Its also on SALE. Duster Cardigan Sweater
SHOP THIS LOOK: