You have eaten the turkey, the mashed potatoes, the sweet potatoes, the corn pudding, the broccoli casserole, the pumpkin, apple and pecan pie… and then you had leftovers.
Well, dont feel bad about it- just grab a friend and get a workout in!
I met up with my girl Victoria Brown, a D.C. based Senior SoulCycle Instructor and we got our sweat on. We promise it will make your sweat session worth it and giver your body the serious detox it is craving after all those good eats!
Enjoy and don’t forget to share with me how it all goes!
What you need: Floor Space, some sort of cardio machine (I prefer a treadmill) and if you do not have a cardio machine grab a jump rope or make sure you have enough space to do Jumping Jacks.
1. Start with a 5 min Jog — If you are using another form of cardio, no problem, just make sure you take these first 5 minutes to warm up your body.
2. 45 second Wall Sits — Your back should be up against the wall with feet flat on the floor. Your goal is to sit low enough that your legs form a 90 degree angle.
***Run for 90 seconds –9 speed***
3. High Plank with Hand Slaps (Hold this for 60 seconds) — Hands stacked under your shoulders, your back is flat, your core is pulled in. Each time you slap your partners hand try to hold your hips and body still, staying parallel to the ground and keeping your feet shoulder width apart.
***Run for 2 minutes – 8.5-9.0 speed***
4. Low Plank with Hand Slaps (Hold this for 60 seconds) — Elbows stacked under your shoulders, your back is flat, your core is pulled in. Each time you slap your partners hand try to hold your hips and body still, staying parallel to the ground.
***Run for 90 Seconds – 9 speed***
5. Squat Jumps (15 Total) — Start in a standing position, sink down into a squat position, spring off your toes jumping as high as you can and land lightly back into a squat. Repeat. Reminder: Make sure you are sitting your butt back so your knees are not over your toes and please be sure to not let your knees cave towards the middle of your body both in your squat, when you are getting ready to jump and when you are landing!
*** Run for 2 minutes — 8.5 – 9.0 speed ***
6. Sit ups and High Planks – (1 minute total) One Partner will hold the high plank for 30 seconds while the other partner will try and do as many sit ups in 30 seconds as they can. Then you will switch.
*** Run for 30 seconds on – 30 seconds off 4X – 9.5 speed ***
REPEAT THIS ENTIRE SERIES AGAIN — Get your sweat on!
SHOP MY LOOK:
SHOP VICTORIA’S LOOK:
Shop My Look:
Tank Top —
Shop Victoria’s Look:
Tank Top —