As you all know by now, I will not share anything on #kellyskloset that I do not stand 100% behind. So, I am going to be totally transparent about the process of how I came to loving this little, leather number. I will start by saying that I love ALL THINGS LEATHER but…this one I was not all for originally.
Noticing that the “leather dress” trend was showing up everywhere, I was curious. I was not sure if this trend was a good one but I spotted this particular dress at Nordstrom and I figured maybe I should try. My thoughts were that there was no way a LEATHER dress would work. I always thought when adding leather to any outfit a touch here and there is just right, but an entire dress? Not sold.
Well, needless to say I tried it and it’s my FAVORITE! Still not convinced? I understand. I was shocked too. So, in hopes that I can convince you more that this dress is 100% worth it I have put together a list of things that I believe are important when picking out the perfect leather dress.
- The feel has to be soft leather and not sticky.
- It has to have some stretch so you can move in it but it also will fit to your body nicely (darts help this).
- It CAN NOT be shiny leather (that looks tacky).
This one checked all those boxes and also these…
- LOVE the color… but it also comes in black if olive green is not your thing.
- It fits perfectly and still looks classy (to tight in the material can look sloppy).
- The buttons in the front are snap buttons and make it very easy to get on and off (comfort is key always).
- It is under $100!
The last thing I will add about reasons why I love it is how many different ways you can style it. Dress it up for a night out. Make it more business like for work or meetings. You can even make it more hip or dressed down for a more casual feel.
I really do love it and think it is another great addition to any closet that is in need of unique pieces!
SHOP THIS LOOK:
Another Leather Look –Leather Skirts – Options