I do love color but sticking with winter whites and neutrals can give a very classic feel to any look. When doing this, I like to pair texture with the look and I am going to share a look you can shop right now and have in time for all of your holiday shin-digs.
This time of year I find that I have to remind myself to get creative with my outfits. Since its so chilly out, I find myself just grabbing a quick sweater and jeans and heading on my way. That is great and easy but since I do love fashion, I want to make sure I am digging deep with what is in my closet and getting good use out ALL the clothes I have.
I have always been into the blazer look and this season it seems to be a real hit. I know when most people hear blazer they think “businesslike” suits and a more “fancy” type job.
A few of my favorite items on sale for Black Friday!
I do love a good animal print on pretty much anything. BUT I am a really strong believer in making sure,
you style the look the right way.
Now, the “right way” is strictly my opinion, so please take it or leave it but here are a few rules I think you need to follow when styling animal print with any look.
- Keep everything else prrrreeeettttyyyyy basic. Let the animal print do the talking.
- Stick with solid’s. Try not to add any other patterns.
- Do not double up on the animal print. What I mean by this is, do not wear a pair of shoes that have animal print and then also carry an animal print clutch.
- Buy Animal print pieces that you can wear with many different styled looks (products that you can both dress up and wear more casual)
- Be sure to add a pair of animal print shoes in your collection this season. They are so in right now and I found the perfect pair for ya!
Like I said, this is my advice and my opinion so you be you… but I am here just to help and guide you in whatever way #kellyskloset can 🙂 .
SHOP THIS LOOK:
SHOP THIS LOOK:
— Booties —
— Jeans —
— Bodysuit —
— Sweater —
Hot sun, tan skin, no jacket needed… sounds good to me! I do love the summer… BUT it is a real thing that it gets COLD here in Baltimore and even though we like to say we have all four season here it does seem like winter is rolling in fast this year. I have finally packed away all of the shorts and flip flops and my boots stash has made it to the front of the closet.
I love shoes any time of the year, but, one of my favorite looks this time of year is the over the knee boot, better known as the OTK Boot. I will be blunt with you..the reason I love the OTK boot so much is because I think they look stylish on everyone!
Now, you have to know how to style them of course but, my favorite way to style them is with a dress or a skirt. I prefer to show a little leg when styling them. BUT, you always have the option to pair them with jeans or leggings and they are the perfect transition piece to take you from fall to winter.
Below I pair them with a long sleeve dress (that is under $25.00) and an oversized blanket scarf. This dress is great, it’s super soft material, it’s affordable, it comes in a few other colors and IT HAS POCKETS! Wear it with a pair of OTK boots like I have or if it is a really cold pair it with a pair of jeans or leggings.
So, go get yourself some cute OTK Boots and before you know it, it will be warm again!
SHOP THIS LOOK:
I love a good deal and my Mom has always taught me to never buy anything unless it’s on sale. Soooommetttiimmmes I bend that rule a little, ONLY when the price is already so good you cant resist it. As the months get closer and closer to “winter season” I always have to remind myself to change up my look and make sure I don’t just toss on a pair of jeans, a sweater and booties. Don’t get me wrong I love that look but there are so many cute trends for the fall and winter and if you bargain shop for them you can find them all at the perfect price.
I promise you will not believe the softness of this sweater dress. I went with my normal size and it still gave me a ton of room to make it feel like a true oversized comfy sweater, yet it still had shape.
The Over The Knee Boots (OTK) I loved as soon as I put them on. I have a few pairs of these but these jumped to the top because of how comfortable they are. The heel is perfect height. Not super tall, but also not a flat boot. I love the rounded toe and the sock style is perfect because it allows the boot to hug your leg and stay in place the entire time you have them on. I also think these would be a perfect boot to pack in a suitcase. They fold easily without doing any damage to the boot itself. Just something to think about incase you are planning for a trip!
SHOP THIS LOOK:
Its hard to find the right flannel. If you are like me, you look for one that has the right fit with the right length. A good pattern and maybe if you are lucky it has some fun detail that sets it apart from every other flannels out there.
I know it is silly because we are really just talking about a shirt but it is the real deal when you are looking for a flannel that you know you will be wanting to toss on every weekend. I have listed a few below that are all very different but check off all the boxes with what I look for when searching for that perfect one. Enjoy and let me know what you think!
- Sanctuary Plaid Boyfriend Button Up Shirt : One of my favorite patterns in a flannel. I am a big fan of the snap buttons and I love how the model tucks the front in and lets the back hang long. This is the perfect length for this style.
- Plaid Flannel Duster : I love how this flannel puts itself in a different category because of the long length. Be sure to pair it with a small bootie that has heel since it hits closer to the knee. This will give your legs height and not allow the flannel to take over.
- AE Ahhmazingly Soft Flannel: I love the black and white. Pair this with a pair of distressed skinny jeans and tan booties and you are crushing the flannel game.
- Relaxed Plaid Twill Classic Flannel : (under $30.00) The classic buffalo check comes in red and black or white and black. Can’t go wrong with either! Just add a black puffy vest and some worn in jeans and you have your Saturday #ootd!
- Madewell Sunday Stripe Shirt: I love how you can dress this one up by styling it more like a white button up shirt that just has added texture or keep it more casual and style it as a flannel with jeans and booties. Two very different looks you can get out of just one flannel.
The best part about flannels is you can rock them from fall, through the winter into the early spring. Allowing you to get a lot of use out of them. Add them to your wardrobe, I promise you will not regret it.
SHOP THIS LOOK:
*The flannel I am wearing is sold out, linked above is very similar and a BETTER price!
I love the change of seasons in Maryland and one BIG reason I love it so much is because I get to fall back in love with whats new and old from my wardrobe last season. Not to mention I enjoy adding to it with some of the new trends.
I do believe that each season has a color palette that goes along with it. It does take a bit of reminding to branch away from BLACK but I do love how fall brings out the Fall Neutrals.
I am a brown eyed girl with brown hair and olive skin. I am naturally pretty neutral… so when fall hits I dive right into the tans, browns, khaki, olive, burnt orange colors. The olive color is one I gravitate to towards the most and one I have been hooked on for a couple of seasons now. Lucky for me I found this cute sweater dress and when I noticed olive green was in stock it had to be added to the fall collection.
What I love most about this sweater dress is you can make it appropriate for pretty much any event. You can dress it up or make it a bit more casual. The way I am wearing it here shows you the more “in between look”. Meaning not super dressy but not casual either. Adding comfortable booties and a scarf allowed me to take it from a coffee date, to a meeting and even made it easy to conquer a few errands in between.
The best part is its under $20.00! (Trust me, you would never know.)
Try it out… and if this style isn’t your thing find something in this color because its all the rage!
SHOP THIS LOOK:
Ok, so I have a bit of a problem when it comes to sweater cardigans. That’s what they are called right?
Well, you know the ones I am talking about… the ones you want to snuggle up in, the ones you find yourself wearing every weekend and they seem to go with e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. Yup, I have, um, about 100 of this style hanging in my closet and I am not opposed to getting more. I love how it ties the entire outfit together with a cozy, effortless look. Not to mention how cozy they are as the cold temps start to roll in.
With all of that said this one (pictured below) I recently bought has become my favorite. The fabric is so soft and the light grey coloring allows you to basically pair it with anything. I knew I had 100 other ones but I feel in love with the fit and it was so snuggly I HAD TO HAVE IT!
I went true to size and I have worn it with everything from…
- Leggings, a tank top and cool sneakers
- Jeans, a camisole tank top and Booties (just like what is pictured)
- A jersey dress with over the knee fall boots
It seriously is the perfect fall sweater. Order now and let me know what you think.