I know some of you are thinking plaid and your are cringing. Having it take you back to your teen years where you had to put on a plaid jumpsuit for school everyday. Others, like me, did not have a uniform for school everyday so I am all about the plaid. Either way, stick with me because I have discovered some cute finds for you to style your plaid whatever way you want!
Jean on Jean. Its a funny thing and sometimes I go to pair it together in my head and I say to myself…
“no, that will look ridiculous”
And then I see some cute girl walk by and she’s rocking Jean on Jean and it looks great!
I don’t hate the winter. Most people do but I actually love snow and maybe because I played and coached outside for so many years (and each winter felt worst then the last) I only hate the cold if I am not dressed properly. So, thats a simple thing to fix to me… get a grip on cold, winter fashion and style up!
This coat is by far the warmest coat I have ever worn! I am not just jumping on the Canada Goose Bandwagon, I promise. It seriously makes you feel like you are prepared for a winter tundra and the best part is it is not an oversized- making you look bigger then you are – jacket.
Its 100% worth the money. Bite the bullet and pick out one for yourself. I promise it reminds you how right you were to buy one each time you put it on.
Now, the next thing you must make sure you are prepared with when its cold out, is good shoes. You have to make sure your feet are toasty. This boot in particular has a wedge style, (obvi.) but they also come in a flat boot look. These literally feel like slippers on your feet with fur lining all the way through (even to your big toe). They give you the option to fold down or wear up giving you the choice to style the look they way you want.
So there you have it. Combine cute and warm and I promise you wont mind winter either.
SHOP THIS LOOK:
Sweater. Jeans. Boots. Check, check, check.
It is that time of year that this almost feels like a weekend wardrobe. As winter is here I find the next best thing to cozy up in, other then a good pair of high-waisted leggings, is a cozy sweater.
I know I have already shared one Teddy Jacket with you … and that one was such a hit I thought I would share another favorite of mine. This one is a bit of a different style with a shorter, bomber look to it. My favorite part of this jacket is the hood that is covered in fur making it the coziest thing ever.
We all know the fur look is totally a thing this season and with this bomber style I have found it to be so versatile it immediately was one of my favorites. Some days I pair it with jeans and booties (like you see in these pictures) and other times I pair it with a more sporty look. Keeping it simple with leggings, cute sneakers and a lululemon long sleeve. Basically what I am saying is you cant go wrong any way you wear it taking it from day to night very easily.
It’s friday, finally and I am off to happy hour. I hope you are too! Cheers.
SHOP THIS LOOK:
Its frigid out, its winter but you still want to look cute! I totally get it and I have the solution… The TEDDY Coat!
It’s all the rage right now and trust me you do not have to pay a fortune to find a cute one! This is how I look at it. If I dont spend a lot on one… that means I can get a few! That’s how it works right? 🙂
I have picked some of my favorites that I have added to my collection.
Now, go teddy up and stay warm!
- Shaggy Fur Coat — The color and texture on this coat is what made me fall in love with it right away.
- Sheepskin Coat — This coat comes in three colors and at this price you can afford all three!
- Oversized Pea coat — The combination of this being a pea coat with the fur feeling makes you feel like you are getting the best of both worlds!
- Sherpa Jacket — This spring color tricks you in thinking it is warmer then it really is… but we will take whatever we can get, right?
- Faux Fur Bomber — The length and look of this jacket gives you the option to dress it up or look more casual. Getting multiple looks out of this coat.
SHOP THIS LOOK:
The Holidays are here, ready or not. And with the holidays come some fun holiday parties. I personally love getting a little fancy and getting into the holiday spirit. I know some hate it but try to find the good in it all and get yourself to the party and have a good time!
This time of year I find that I have to remind myself to get creative with my outfits. Since its so chilly out, I find myself just grabbing a quick sweater and jeans and heading on my way. That is great and easy but since I do love fashion, I want to make sure I am digging deep with what is in my closet and getting good use out ALL the clothes I have.
I have always been into the blazer look and this season it seems to be a real hit. I know when most people hear blazer they think “businesslike” suits and a more “fancy” type job.
I do love a good animal print on pretty much anything. BUT I am a really strong believer in making sure,
you style the look the right way.
Now, the “right way” is strictly my opinion, so please take it or leave it but here are a few rules I think you need to follow when styling animal print with any look.
- Keep everything else prrrreeeettttyyyyy basic. Let the animal print do the talking.
- Stick with solid’s. Try not to add any other patterns.
- Do not double up on the animal print. What I mean by this is, do not wear a pair of shoes that have animal print and then also carry an animal print clutch.
- Buy Animal print pieces that you can wear with many different styled looks (products that you can both dress up and wear more casual)
- Be sure to add a pair of animal print shoes in your collection this season. They are so in right now and I found the perfect pair for ya!
Like I said, this is my advice and my opinion so you be you… but I am here just to help and guide you in whatever way #kellyskloset can 🙂 .
SHOP THIS LOOK: